*** Application deadline extended to Aug. 19 2022. ***
The European Research Consortium in Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) has a technical WG on Security and Trust Management (STM) for performing a series of activities, as research projects, workshop/conference organization, dissemination of knowledge, for increasing the European research and development capabilities on security, trust, and privacy.
One of the main goals of the WG is to promote the scientific growth of young researchers interested in the field of security and trust management. ERCIM STM WG then decided to establish an award for the best Ph.D. thesis in this area to increase the visibility of the young researchers within the ERCIM scientific community as well as in the scientific community in general.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- applied cryptography;
- data and application security;
- identity management;
- networked systems security;
- privacy, anonymity, and untraceability;
- rigorous semantics and computational models for security and trust;
- security, privacy, and trust in emerging computing paradigms;
- security and trust management architectures, mechanisms, and policies.
Applications for the award in 2022 are open to all Ph.D. holders that defended their thesis during 2021 in any European University. Applications consisting of the Ph.D. Thesis (in PDF format), a short summary of the Thesis (mandatory in English), a curriculum vitae (in PDF format), and letters of support from at least two researchers, one of whom should be from an ERCIM STM WG Institution, should be sent by Aug. 19, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “ERCIM STM PhD Award 2022 — Application” as subject of the message.
Theses will be evaluated by the following Committee:
- Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati, University of Milan
- Theo Dimitrakos, University of Kent and Huawei
- Sokratis Katsikas, NTNU
- Sotiris Ioannidis, TUC
- Thomas Jensen, INRIA
- Javier Lopez, University of Malaga
- Peter Y A Ryan, University of Luxembourg
The theses will be judged on the basis of scientific quality, originality, clarity of presentation, as well as potential impact of the results.
The ceremony for the award will be held during the 18th International Workshop on Security and Trust Management (STM 2022) collocated with ESORICS conference.